Thursday, March 12, 2009

15 lbs...

is the number that registered on the scale as we laid our "little" baby on the table at his doctor's appointment this morning.  We couldn't believe it.  When we went in the room, the nurse started to ask us a bunch of questions and she started to ask if he was a good eater.  She stopped mid sentence and said "I don't think I need to ask this question."  It was so funny.  He is 23 1/4 inches long.  His weight is 97th percentile and his height is only 60th percentile. We've concluded that he is going to be short and plump like his parents:)

On a sad note, he got his shots today,  I cried right along with him.  That's right, I cried, too.  He recovered quite quickly and has been sleeping ever since.  I think it was harder for me than it was for him.  

A few other things I want to add for my own sake:
Dax loves to suck on his fist.  Every time it gets near his mouth, he attacks it.  It's pretty funny.
He has found my hair and loves to grab on and hold on.
He is smiling and laughing most of the day and is so much fun to play with.
He is very good at swatting his toys and is a very smart boy.
He started sleeping better this week and now sleeps 3 hour stretches at night!  Wahoo!
He also loves his baths.  He likes to kick his feet and splash water everywhere.
We love this kid!

On a side note, we looked at one of Josh's baby pics yesterday, and Dax looks just like him!  It was very cool.  I will have to post pictures later!

Here are a few cute pics I've taken over the past week. Thanks for the cute outfit Jill!

10 comments:

Kara said...

ha ha! You do have a chunk!! Ethan weighed 12 pounds at six months!! However he was super small! He is so cute, his little smile makes me laugh!! i'm so glad you love being a mom, it's the best!

Katy said...

Look how big he is!! It makes me sad to think that I'm missing out on seeing him grow up. I'm glad he is such a good baby for you guys. I hate shots too. It's horrible to watch your child in pain and know that you are helping to cause it, but it's for the best.

ariannet said...

Oh my gosh he really is a chunky boy! That's so funny, he's almost caught up to Kyson already. It was fun to talk to you yesterday!

Angie said...

He's defintely not starving is he? He is so cute and I totally cried the first time Jackson got his shots. I think they expect it. Thanks for updating more frequently. I love it!

Rachel and John said...

I love it! He is bigger than Beckham... it must just be the cheeks and chin on B that makes him look bigger! And how funny that you censored the bath pic, John and I did the same thing with Daschel. What fun they are!

Chelsea said...

He is so cute! I can't believe he weighs 15 pounds when my little boy barely weighed 17 pounds at 1 year. I am happy that he sleeps at least 3 hours in a row. I really didn't enjoy having my sleep broken up so much, but it got better before I knew it.

Mardi and Jeremey said...

I love the camouflage outfit. He is such a big boy and so adorable. I have totally been slacking on your blog. I am excited to be catching up on your life!

Scott and Siobhan said...

Holy cow I can't believe that he is that big. We just took raegan in for her 6 months appointment and she is 15 lb 13 oz and 25 in long. you got yourself a big baby. Corban was like that though he was our big baby my girl were small.

Raising Helm said...

Jamison is about 15 lbs and How much older??? Goodness girl- I will sign Jamison up for the feather weights and Dax can compete in the heavy weight division...He is a cutie and way to go on the 97th%-That's always a good feeling-not that anyone compares.ha ha hope all is well!

Ariel said...

There is nothing wrong with a kid in the 97 percentile. I have one of my own, and he is proud to be a big boy! He is so cute and the family resemblence in unmistakable