Saturday, April 11, 2009

What a blessing!

A few weeks ago, on March 29th, we were able to drive to Spokane to bless Dax.  We decided to go there to bless him because we wanted to have some family there.  My family was not able to make the long trek, but we missed them.  Josh's dad, most of his brothers, and his best friend were able to be there.  It was such a sweet blessing, and I will never forget how strong the spirit was while Josh was blessing him.  I am so thankful for Josh, and I am thankful to have the priesthood in our home.  We are so blessed to have this sweet little boy in our family.

The blessing outfit was made by Josh's best friend's mom.  She is like Josh's second mom.  We love her, we are grateful for the time she spent making this outfit.  It fit perfect (except it kept getting stuck in his chubby ankles and calves!), and we love it.

Thanks to Pam and Chuck for hosting this fine event at their house and providing all the yummy food for everyone!  It is a big job when that many people come.  Thanks to all of Josh's brothers and their families for making the trip to see our little guy's blessing.  We were so thankful you could be there.

Us with Josh's parents
In this one you can see that I had to undo the buttons on his calves because they are so chubby!


What a blessing!

8 comments:

Katy said...

He's getting SO big!! You look great! We blessed our little guys on the same day. We miss you.

smithsonthemove said...

I am glad it was a special day. He is so stinkin cute!!

Scott and Siobhan said...

you guys look good Dax is getting so big i can't believe it. totally know how you fill about having family around

Angie said...

I just love your fat little guy! Yummy. The chubbier the better. You look fabulous BTW! Since when do women get prettier with age and after babies? Apparently Jesse is defying all laws.

Raising Helm said...

That is so cute and sweet! It is so nice of you to be so appreciative. Dax is a cutie pie and I am glad everything turned out good. You are looking fabulous and I am sorry that you had to go back to work accompanied with tears. I hope all is well!

Henderson said...

Jess, you look absolutely gorgeous!!

Teranne said...

What a special day! We blessed Dallin on Easter too... 4 years ago (:

Ariel said...

Oh you are so blessed. Plus you look like a mega-babe!