Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Brower Family Reunion

I have only been slacking on my blogging duties due to a lack of pictures.  We went to Josh's family reunion a few weeks back and I was horrible and only took one picture, therefore, I am at the mercy of others to share theirs with me.  All in all we had a fantastic time.  Our activities included going to Silverwood Theme Park, staying at a hotel with an indoor water park and other various fun activities, hanging out at the Brower plantation and watching movies on the side of the house.  Nine out of ten of Josh's siblings were able to make it.  It was so fun to see everyone again.  It gets a little crazy with that many people in one house, but somehow the Browers pull it off.

Having a baby definitely complicates such trips.  I will admit that I was a bit stressed out at times for various reasons, like when Dax didn't get a nap, or when someone was loud and might wake him up. Yes, I was made fun of quite often for being a paranoid first time mom, but I take it in strides.  Everyone has the right to be a paranoid first time mom, I was merely taking that right.  We had some good laughs about it, though.  All the pros thought it was pretty funny that I had a baby monitor while Dax was sleeping, even though he was in the next room. :)

The Browers have a family get together about once every 2 years and each time they do family photos.  Here is a small sample of some of the pictures taken.  I will post pictures of the reunion as soon as someone is nice enough to share them with me.  (please)


Above is the whole clan minus one brother (Reed).   43 people in all.

Josh's parents with their 21 grandchildren!

Nine out of the ten siblings.  

All seven sister-in-laws and the lonely brother-in-law, Derrick!

Thanks Pam and Chuck for such a wonderful reunion!

7 comments:

Tosha said...

I love the pic of your little fam! Dax is getting so big! I miss him and I am missing out!

Chelsea said...

I am glad to see there is a good mix of boys and girls in the grandchildren picture. I hope that increases your chances of getting a girl!

Tana said...

Thanks for posting pictures. I have been asking Amy about them and now here they are. Dax is getting so big and is just cute as can be. Hope you had a great time with everyone.

Katy said...

You are SO entitled to be a paranoid first time mom!!! Heck I'm still paranoid:)

You look fabulous my dear!! Love your hair!!

Lindsey and Joe said...

Haha! You should've seen me freak out at Joe's family at our beach trip for eating their ice cream too loud while Bella was in the next room and then giving everyone the stink eye when they woke her up! I feel ya!

Raising Helm said...

Now that is a family reunion!!!
And yes you get every right to be a first time paranoid mommy. Gotta love those moments. PLEASE don't wake up, please! sounds like you had fun though and props on being a trooper

Tyler and Jill said...

I love your hair! You look so cute.