Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thanksgiving and Christmas

Thanksgiving was spent in my hometown, Delta, Utah. We had such a good time, such a good time in fact, that I neglected to take any pictures, except this one. I'm so mad at myself, but I will try to get some from my mom and sister later.

Anywho, Dax and I flew there a week before Thanksgiving and then Josh flew in the night before Thanksgiving. I am not such a fan of flying by myself with Dax. He was pretty good, but he missed his morning nap and was therefore a bit cranky, add this to the fact that the boy doesn't ever sit still, and you have a recipe for a long 2 hour flight. Good thing I had a saintly man sitting next to me who had a 16 month old daughter, and he didn't seem to mind when Dax would lunge at his nose and then try to pull his hair! Flying home with Josh was much less stressful, plus we flew at night, and Dax slept the entire flight, trip through the airport, the whole way home, and then woke up 20 minutes after we put him in his crib! Such as things go!

Back to our trip. We had a good time spending time with my family, cooking and eating yummy food, shooting guns, riding four wheelers, and going to the park. It was so nice to go home again. I didn't see half of the people I intended to, but the week flew by. On our way back to the airport, we stopped by to see our good friends Frank, Annie, and their little boy Kyson. We also went to dinner and Temple Square with our other good friends the Sampsons. Of course I don't have pictures though, but I thought they deserved an honorable mention! :)


Dax's first four wheeler ride. He loved it!

I had really good intentions about sending this Christmas card out to all of our friends and family (Thanks Jen for making us such a beautiful card). In fact, I even had them printed out. Alas, I failed once more, so here is your Christmas card. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

At the last minute, we decided to pack up and go to Josh's house in Spokane to spend Christmas with his parents. I am so glad that we did. We had such a fun and relaxing time. His parents got to spend some time with Dax and Dax loved them! The weather was cold and there was snow on the ground, we had family around us, and it was a perfect Christmas.

These are Dax's Christmas jammies! Love them!
Christmas morning Dax was not sure what to think, and although he got the hang of opening presents pretty quickly, he was content to play with the first few toys he got. We saved the rest of them for him to open later that day.
This is one of my all-time favorite pics of Dax and his Grandpa Brower.
Dax loved hanging out with his "Bampa" as he says it.

We are so blessed to have such great family and friends!

9 comments:

Raising Helm said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie. Are those little curles in his hair? Love it! Oh how I wish i could have seen my name on one of your "people that were visited" list, but i know how it goes. I still love ya.

Angie said...

You have the best pictures, I love them! And you take the best pictures too. Gosh you're beautiful. Oh, I flew with Jackson by myself once when he was 18 months old and I haven't done it since. I feel your pain but like you I had an angle sitting next to me who was super sweet (even when Jackson spilled her water all over her-sigh). Next time keep coming east and come visit us. I miss you like crazy!

Katy said...

Fun! Love Dax's little pj's. I had really good intentions to send out Christmas cards too but lost the fire in the end:) Glad we got to see you while you were here!!!!

Ariel said...

Those PJ's are the bomb. I also love the card. I am imagining that I walked to my mailbox on Dec. 21st and "oh what is this?" is asked "could it be a card from the Browers? Why yes it is and what a great picture of their sweet family". There, now it's like you really sent it. Thanks for the card Jesse! Merry Christmas.

Rachel and John said...

I love how the pajamas turned out!

smithsonthemove said...

Love the Christmas Card - Love the PJ's - too cute!

Ryan & Misty said...

I'm glad you got to go to Delta! I spent a few weeks there working at the Credit Union and everyone there was awesome!

Derrick and Rachel said...

I just love him! Wish we could have been there for Christmas too, maybe next year?! Where did you get his jammies? I want some...well for the girls, not for Myself!!

tsmortensen said...

Sounds like you had a really nice holiday season! Very cute pictures.