We always try to make a trip down to Utah every year to see my family, and since Josh now has seven days off in a row every month, this year was a longer trip! Thanks to my dad, we had round trip airfare! Thanks Dad! We has such a fun time and Dax was a peach pretty much the whole time. He even did great in the plane and in the car (partly thanks to a special trip purchase of a portable dvd player). Seeing my family now requires a 3 1/2 hour drive to Portland (a fun overnight stay with our great friends the Smiths), a couple of hours on a plane, then a 3 hour drive down to my dad's house, or a 5 hour drive down to my mom's. Dax did awesome and we were so grateful! Here are ALOT of pics of the fun times we had. I even left out a lot, so sorry it is so long, but I couldn't help it!
 |
| This is how our plane ride to Utah began! |
 |
| And this is how it ended! YAY! :) |
 |
On our way to Mom's house after picking up my little bro. Alex!
It was so good to see my little brother Alex! I haven't seen him in so long and he suddenly turned into a good looking teenager! LOVE HIM!

This is Dax and my sister's twins, Paige and Saige, "helping" Grandma make a cake!
Getting a yummy taste of the batter from Grandma!
|
Then we were off to my dad's house!
 |
| We started off our visit with a rodeo! Dax is enjoying a yummy dog! |
We saddled up and went to the Hinckley Town Rodeo! I grew up going to this rodeo every year, and I hadn't been in probably 10 years, so I was excited to share this fun past time with Josh and Dax!
 |
| Love this picture because he is so chubby and has a hot dog shoved in his mouth! HA! |
 |
| Family Photo Opp |
 |
| My funny dad wrangling Alex! |
 |
| My sister Tosha and niece Daicee |
The next morning started off with a bang as we headed down for the Hinckley 24th of July Parade!
 |
| Dax's first parade! |
 |
| My dad and Paula enjoying the festivities! |
Next on the agenda was a BBQ up in the canyons!
Then we roasted some s'mores and lit fireworks in my dad's backyard! YUMMY!
 |
Danika thought so, too! That is chocolate ALL over her! :)
|
We also went to the reservoir twice while we were there to cool off! I even got to see my childhood friend, Chelsie, and her cute family. They were kind enough to invite us over to their private beach for a while and some jet ski rides!
 |
After the reservoir, we headed back up to the canyons too cool off for another BBQ.
We had a couple of deer come right into our camp! |
 |
Dax's last night with his "Papa" He misses him so much and
always talks about Papa's tractor. |
We were so busy we didn't even have time to think! We had so much fun and ran Dax ragged. It was one of my most favorite trips we've taken to Utah so far. Dax LOVED spending time with his Papa and Grandma and all of his cousins! I can't wait until we can go again!
6 comments:
What a trip! It was loaded with fun/family! The nice weather looks so enjoyable!
I am so sad we didn't cross paths. It looks like you had so much fun. Dax is growing up so fast. I can't believe how they do that. I look forward to the day that I will get to see you again.
Looks like fun! Don't you just love those little Delta nuances like the Rez? Good times.
Holy Moly Alex did get big. You guys looked like you had so much fun, and Dax is the cutest little guy with that hot dog, it totally made me giggle:)
How fun! just the thought of knowing you were driving past my exit...heart wrenching! Glad you had an awesome, fun, crazy time!
That's Alex? I cannot believe it--he's so grown up. It looks like you guys had a good trip. Thank goodness for portable DVD players!
Post a Comment