Thursday, September 9, 2010

Minor Surgery

In June, our cute little Daxy boy had to go in for a minor surgery.  Nothing serious, but a necessary evil.  He had a common virus called molluscum which manifests itself through small wart-like bumps.  This alone doesn't warrant surgery, but he developed one right on his eyelid which was starting to cause problems.  In the long run, it could possibly cause damage to his cornea, so we wanted to get it taken care of.

This ended up being more traumatic for me than it was for him.  I am ashamed to say that I was a bawl baby almost the whole time.  Just the thought of the doctors taking my baby from me was unbearable for some reason.  I know this was such a small surgery compared to other people, but I got a small taste, and I definitely feel for people who have to go through this all the time.  

The surgery went great and Dax came out like a champ!  He woke up and was fine the rest of the day, except for being a little woozy and walking around like a drunken sailor.  We are so grateful for experienced doctors who made this a better than okay experience for us.
This is cute little Dax waiting for the anesthesiologist.  


This is Dax after his "goofy juice."  He was pretty out of it.  His silliness after taking the medicine definitely helped the emotional mommy to stay somewhat composed.

3 comments:

Tyler and Jill said...

You are such a cute and soft-hearted mom!

Natalie Smith said...

He looks so precious in his hospital gown! Pain and suffering for your child is too much to handle! Glad everything went well.

Raising Helm said...

Goodness! that has got to be a killer, emotional for sure. I would be a bawl baby. No denying it! Reality check for the blessings of a healthy family. He is a champ and a cute one at that!