Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Sweet Baby!

My sweet baby is 9 mos. old today. I can hardly believe it. Time has flown by so fast. I love this little man more than I ever imagined possible.
(Do all moms think their kids are this amazing?)





I had to sneak this picture in because my friend Katy and her baby Max came to stay with us a few weekends ago. We had so much fun and I miss her so much already! Love ya Katy!

Dax loves to chew on everything...shoelaces, human flesh, and electric cords are a few of his favorites.

He is a happy, happy baby and is always willing to give anyone a cute toothy smile.

He has seven teeth now and is working on a few more!

His favorite song right now is "Eensy Weensy Spider." He laughs so hard, it's hilarious.

He is learning how to clap and to pat his belly. So cute!

Dax thinks he is a pretty big stud now... he stands up and then lets go and laughs so hard and flaps his arms...and then proceeds to fall down. But he did take a little step today!

He loves books. He loves to be read to and to look at books. A boy after my own heart!

Dax loves his baths! He is way into standing up in the tub now and all he wants to do is eat the faucet???? Who knows.

He is an expert at crawling and can cruise with the best of them. He is even getting pretty fast at walking around the furniture.

His 9 month check up is tomorrow, but I am going to guess that he weighs in at about 25 lbs. He is such a big boy that he wears 18 month clothes. What a cute little chunk.

Dax loves to go outside. Every time you get near a door he starts flapping his arms and legs in excitement. He loves to go for walks and can entertain himself for over an hour while we walk and I try to shed the pounds. :)

He is getting so much hair (Josh calls it "big boy" hair because it isn't quite as soft) and it is red and curly...and I love it. I love his bedhead when he wakes up because his curls are all fuzzy!

Dax says mama and dada now and he knows who we are! I love it!

All in all, we love this little man that brings so much joy into our lives. I am so grateful to be able to be his mama. We LOVE this kid! Now if we could only get him to sleep through the night!


8 comments:

Tyler and Jill said...

He is such a cute litte guy. He always looks like he's smiling...does he ever cry?!?!? haha. By the way, I love your shirt in that picture with your friend...very stylish!

byumomof4 said...

SO CUTE!!!! You are such a good mom :)

smithsonthemove said...

Yes we all think our kids are amazing, but Dax is extra amazing!!:) I love how you did your post - you will have to print that out!

Katy said...

Love that chubby little guy! I'm so glad I got to come and visit! You are the best! Love ya!

(Pcooh, pcooh...I'm trying to make the gun noise. Haha! That was SO funny! I still laugh when I think about it!!)

Raising Helm said...

HE is a cutie! I can't believe how big he is. Love the "flesh" eating part and all the little things he is doing. Gotta love the hair!

Kevin and Rachel said...

Dax is sooooo cute! I go to play with him a little bit at the ward BBQ, he doesn't take long to melt your heart does he? =)

Ariel said...

I can't believe he says "momma" at such a young age. I think you have a little genius on your hands. He is such a great kid.

p.s. It is the first time I am an aunt. You have 30? Way to go Aunt Jesse.

Doug and Megan said...

I was cracking up watching Josh chase Dax all around the hallway and the foyer during sacrament meeting yesterday. He is so fun and cute! And I love how Emily is his favorite toy at playgroup!