Guilt -- I should have played with Dax more today.
Guilt -- Did I teach him enough today?
Guilt -- Did I spend enough quality time with him today?
Guilt -- My floor is messy and I didn't vacuum.
Guilt -- I didn't take Dax to play outside today.
Guilt -- Dax didn't eat any vegetables today, and he only had 3 servings of fruit.
Guilt -- I didn't cook dinner today.
Guilt -- Dax watched 30 more minutes of TV (baby einstein) today than he should so I could work.
Guilt -- I only brushed his teeth once today.
Guilt -- I am sitting at the computer instead of cleaning and packing.
The guilt just keeps coming! I know I need to let it go, but these are the things that are constantly running through my mind every day! I HATE it!
I feel like these thoughts are poisoning my mind, so from now on, I am going to start making lists in my mind of things I accomplished each day to try to push out the guilt.
Does anyone else have this problem????

11 comments:
You are not alone - I think most moms feel the same way. But at the same time you DO need to focus on all the positive things you do! You are such a wonderful mom! Dax is so lucky to have you! One cure is to have lots and lots of kids. Then you won't even have time to think about guilt. :)
Let's just say I said, "yep" after every one you listed. Except the fruits and veggies one. Guess I should be more conscience of that one. Just give yourself credit for the things you DID do. But know you are not alone. We all say those things.
Oh my goodness! first of all-you are having these thoughts, that right there shows a glimpse of what a great mom you are. You actually count how many servings he is getting? Holy cow, I am feeling guilty. Hmmm my list... did I brush their teeeth, did they eat enough? drink enough water? laundry again? I need to do school? how long was I on the computer? how much TV did they watch? blah blah blah-you are amazing Jesse! Bravo! I am going to work harder. You've inspired me...today!
check on the food, check on the tooth brushing, check on the TV, check on the dinner, check on the floor... I can't remember anymore or I'm sure that I would share every single one of them. I lay awake every night thinking of everything I didn't do. Sometimes, when I'm up feeding Cullen, I stay up to sweep the floor or something dumb like that. You are definitely not alone but you are a fantastic mom. And at the end of the day I figure I did ok because my kids still want me to hug and kiss them goodnight.
Jesse, Jesse, Jesse! You're crazy! You are a great mom! You should write down all the positive things so that when you have moments like these you can have tangible proof that you're awesome!
I think these thoughts all the time as well, but you have to focus on the great things you accomplish each day! I am sure you are working harder than you give yourself credit for!
Yes! I think we all have these feelings of guilt. You are a great mom. It is just part of motherhood.
Totally feel your pain but I think you are a better mom than me. That list made me realize it:) Don't let the guilt get you down because it will. Focus on the good. Because there is so much!! You are a fabulous mommy and friend! Love you!!
yes. shoulda, woulda, coulda. thats me. Im glad im not the only one. but on a high note, there are so many more wonderful things to focus on that the little, guilty things just dont matter in the long run.
YES!!!!!!!
Post a Comment