Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Fun

I think this was the best Christmas we've had!  It was so much fun having an almost two year old who understood (mostly) the concept of Christmas.  In fact, Josh and I were so excited that we were up before he was, sitting and waiting for him to wake up.  At 8:30 (we got home very late the night before!) we decided to go and wake him up because we couldn't wait any longer.  My big present was a camcorder, so I was so busy filming everything that I forgot to take pictures with my camera.  Josh managed to get a few, but at least I've recorded the memories somewhere!  I loved having a video camera to capture all the looks on his face and everything he said.  I've already watched the footage several times!!!  

We enjoyed a pre-Christmas snow!  Dax hated putting
on his snow gear, but once we were outside he had a ball!

Dax LOVED Santa until he was asked to sit on his lap, then the tables turned.
We settled for standing in front of him instead! Still cute!

Decorating the tree.

Putting up the star.

Dax's version of decorating cookies is licking the frosting off!  He had a blast!

My favorite present, made by Josh, is the picture of the Salt Lake Templethat he modge podged onto a board he painted.  You can't see it, but behind the word "Eternity" is a faint picture of an old clock face.  It is beautiful!  Thanks Lisa for helping Josh put this together.

Dax got a little kitchen and a shopping cart with some food.  He is loving having his own kitchen!

Dax's big present was this spring horse!  It makes cool sounds.  I think he spent most of his day on it.  I asked him what the horse's name was, and he said "Uuuummm.....Brown Horse."   Then he looked at me with the biggest smile, like he had come up with the most clever name in the whole world!   Love him!

We though having a trampoline inside would help him get some
energy out...he loves jumping on it!

Dax and Brown Horse in action.

Dax watching Cars while sitting in his cool new Cars chair that
Grandpa and Grandma Brower got for him.

We also got Dax a Band in a Bucket set.  He love playing the harmonica and is pretty good at it, if I do say so.  He and Josh made quite the two man band!  

Josh spoiled me and even though the camera was supposed to be my present, he also got me a Kindle.  He knows how much I love to read, and it was the perfect present.  I highly recommend one to any avid reader.  

Even though it was fun to spoil Dax and give him lots of presents this year, it was even more special to be able to teach him more about Jesus' birth and the story of the First Christmas.  It amazes me how much these little people can retain at such a young age.  We've read his First Christmas story several times over the past week, and I feel like he could read it to me.  I guess before this, I didn't realize how easy it would be to teach him stories from the Bible and Book of Mormon.  I can't wait to teach him more!  We are so excited to be able to share this special time of year with him. 

3 comments:

Tyler and Jill said...

so cute jesse! He looks like he was way excited for Christmas. I love his smile in the frosting picture. I hope you and Josh had a good one! Wish I could have seen you!

Raising Helm said...

Christmas with kids is soooo much fun! Dax looks so big and extremely happy. What a cutie! Love his "creative" name :) Noah didn't even want to sit on santas lap so we also have a standing next to santa photo this year. Sounds like you guys had a fabulous time. Fun Fun Fun!

Chelsea said...

I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas!