For those of you who requested to hear the tale, here it is. I went in on Sunday, January 11th to be induced because I was five days over due. We were scheduled for an on call induction which means we were supposed to sit by the phone and wait for their call on Sunday. They ended up calling us at 6:00 am and asked us to be at the hospital by 7:30 am. What a weird feeling! So we went to the hospital at 7:30 and they had me started on pitocin by 8:30 am. I had thought that I wanted to try it natural, but after the fourth contraction, I was convinced that I was going to die. I know, what a wimp! I got the heavenly medicine at about 9:30 am and boy is it heavenly! It all went very quickly after that and I was at an 8 by about noon. My doctor came at a little after one and I told her I was feeling a lot of pressure, so she checked me again, and to my surprise she said it was time to push. I started pushing at about 1:15 and Dax Leo Brower was born at 1:47 pm. It all went by so quickly! He is as healthy as can be weighing in at 7 lbs 12 oz. and 21 inches long. Being at the hospital got old quick and we were happy to be home on Tuesday. Having a baby at home is quite the adjustment, but I love it. I can't stand to be away from him, and I don't even mind getting up at night to feed him. Without further ado, here are some more pics.
Somehow this one got out of order
One last pregnant picture
This is by far my favorite picture of Josh, right when he saw Dax's head!
We're so glad my mom got to be there when he was born!

20 comments:
Okay that picture of Josh is so funny!! Who managed to capture that moment? Dax is so precious. I'm so glad he's here and healthy! We love you guys!!!
He is so precious. Great work momma! Glad to hear everything went so well.
Haha! I love that picture of Josh! Don't you want to know what exactly was going on in his head at that moment! Dax is abslutely precious Jesse, congratulations!
He is so adorable! Wish we were closer so I could come hold him! Get ready for the best/craziest time of your life!
Very cute pictures! I am so happy you have your baby here. Have so much fun with him!
Yeah! I was wondering-I haven't checked my blog for a bit.So CONGRATULATIONS!!! what a cutie and nice planning...the 11th is our anniversary and Dax weighed the same as Noah. Oh how sweet. I know I am a dork. I am so excited for you guys and very glad that everything went good, late but good. Congrats!
Jesse he is so adorable! What a nice delivery experience! I'm so jealous that you only had to push that long! lucky you! I'm so glad that everything is going good and that he is healthy and so are you!
He is BEAUTIFUL! 30 mins. of pushing? I'm jealous!
Congratulations Jesse! We waited and waited to hear of Dax's arrival. Everyday Janie put on the board: Brower-S-Cov Not yet. I'm glad that everything went well and that you all doing well. Can't wait to meet Dax in person.
Take care and enjoy that little boy.
Gretchen Lindholm
He is beautiful. I am so glad that your Mom could be there. Hope is all going well. Call me when you get a moment (which might be in eighteen years) 435-770-2220
Karen
Hey sis,
About time I get to see some good pics of my nephew! He is soo cute! I love the pic of Dax all bundled up. Can't wait to come and play with him. Give him kisses and squeezes from his favorite auntie!
PS. The pic of Josh is so cool! Kudos to mom for capturing that moment for you!
so sweet--minus the one of Josh saying "how int he world is this happening? :) Thanks for sharing the story. I look forward to more pictures seeing him grow!
Okay, you make it sound too easy! :)
p.s. loved "heavenly medicine"!!
He is so cute!! IT sounds like your labor was a breeze and only pushing for 30 minutes that's awesome!! Pee Wee is still taking his time so I hope that mine goes as well as yours if I have to be induced.
Jesse, I miss you so much! Anyways, thanks to Karen, I can finally be in contact with you again. I love your blog, and I have enjoyed reading all of your posts (sorry about all the comments). Dax is so dang cute. It is so much fun being a mom. I am so happy for you. I am glad to know you are doing well. I really want to keep in touch. I have not seen you since your wedding. That is pure craziness to me. Love ya - Chelsea
Way to go mommy, he is perfect. By the way we haven't moved yet. We took those pics in 2005. So I guess you think I looked better 4 years ago? :) Good luck with Dax!
Congrats!!! What a sweet little boy. I am glad to hear the labor went well and you seem to be recovering quickly. Take care of yourself and just love every minute that Dax stays little!!!
Ummmm, I think its time for some new pictures. :)
Hey! I need your email address so I can write more. Anyways, we are living in Salt Lake City. John is a Realtor, as well as works for UPS. I worked at a real estate company for nearly 8 years (since 2001). Now I am home with Easton, and I love it. Easton was watching The San Diego Chicken vs Barney. We love baseball (hence the name Easton) so we took him to a Bees game when The San Diego Chicken was there. We bought him his stuffed animal, and he loves watching/dancing to the you tube videos. We need to stay in touch this time around!
He is so stinkin cute we also have a blog that is were we put all our new pictures too.
Post a Comment