Can you believe my baby is 2??? I can't! What an awesome two years it has been. I know everyone says it flies by, but it really does. I can still remember snuggling his wrinkly newborn body in my arms for hours.
Dax got spoiled as usual and got to celebrate his birthday three times. I am a dork of course and got video of all three, but only pictures of a couple.
Celebration #1 was with some good friends of ours and their kids. Thomas the train cake and icecream anyone? Dax loved blowing out the "fire" and wanted to keep doing it! He didn't care much for the cake, but thought the frosting was delicious! The boys had fun opening some presents and playing the rest of the night while the adults got to relax and visit. What a fun night!
Celebration #2 was with the Brower side of the family. We celebrated all the January birthdays together and had lots of fun playing and visiting.
Celebration #3 ended up being a breakfast birthday on his big day because Josh was working nights. After pancakes and presents, Josh headed back to bed and Dax and I had a fun filled day! First we got to go to his gymnastics class, then to get some lunch. After nap time we headed to the gym and stopped to get frozen yogurt on the way home. Dax definitely caught on that it was his big day. When I asked him if he wanted to go and get ice cream, he said "birthday ice cream?" Funny boy!
| My attempt at a Thomas cake. Yes I cheated and bought a cake mold. Any guesses on what kind of cake our next child will have on his second birthday? :) |
| Dax's favorite part, "blowing out the fire" |
| Eating the frosting. |
| His loot |
| Trying out the basketball hoop |
Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?
| My sweet, sweet baby, only a few minutes old. |
| My sweet boy turning 1. Remember the long blond curly hair? Yeah, someone probably should have told me to cut it, but I loved it! |
| My big 2 year old! |
For journaling purposes:
Dax at 2-
- Dax is such a smart boy who picks up on everything! He constantly amazes us when he sees something done once and then does it himself.
- He is a talker! This kid will talk your ear off anytime of day. He wakes up jabbering about this and that. It takes him a few minutes until he actually makes sense.
- One of the funny things Dax has said lately: He told Josh to "Be patient Dad," when he was getting upset that Dax wouldn't hurry and brush his teeth! :)
- He knows all of his colors.
- He can count to ten, but for some reason usually skips the number 4.
- This kid LOVES to read. He has his favorites memorized and will read them with us sometimes.
- He loves to sing and make up songs and he loves to be rocked and sung to before bed.
- He is a crazy man. He runs around the house making all sorts of crazy messes. We often refer to him as the hurricane.
- Dax is a sweet, sweet boy who loves to be loved. He loves to give kisses and hugs and snuggle in and watch a favorite movie.
- He is kind and usually good tempered. (Although he has his moments) People find it funny that he says hi and waves to almost everyone he passes.
- He just recently got into full length films, (yay, no more baby einstein for a while) and his favorite movie right now is Despicable Me. He would watch it all day long if I let him. He often pretends to be Gru and Vector. We find it pretty hilarious.
- He is a pretty good eater, but goes through phases of no eating that usually coincide with getting a 2 year molar.
- Dax loves to be outside in rain or shine, freezing weather or sun. He loves riding his bike and going to the park.
- He is pretty much potty trained, but we are still working on #2. That one is a toughy for him, but he is doing so great.
- He LOVES jelly beans, thanks to Grandpa Brower. He will do anything for a jelly bean. It is pretty great! And yes, I will bribe him with a jelly bean sometimes! The funny thing is, he is totally happy with receiving one jelly bean!
- If he sees a picture of himself and you ask him who it is, he will say "Daxy boy." Or if you call him some funny name, he will say "No, I Daxy boy." Can you guess what most of our family calls him?
- His 2 year stats: 32 lbs- 86th percentile and 34 1/2 inches tall- 67th percentile (if I remember right)
That is all I can think of right now, but if you can't tell, we think Dax is pretty great!
We love you buddy!

9 comments:
happy birthday dax! he is really so smart jesse! Such a cute kid. they really do grow up way too fast!
What a BIG boy. Fun celebrations. It looks like the bball hoop was a hit!
Happy Birthday Dax!
Happy Birthday Dax!! Crazy how fast they grow! He is sure a cutie!
First of all, Congratulations on #2! I just can't wait to see another cute Brower baby. I wish I could tend this one in the first few months as well.
You know how much I love Dax and what a special place he holds in my heart. I love that kid and could look at pictures of him all day!
Happy Birthday Daxer-Maxer!
Happy Birthday, Dax!! :)
Awww, he is such a little honey. And I would watch dispicable me all day long too if I felt I could!
Can you ever believe he was a tiny little baby?
He is already two - that is so fun.
Happy Birthday Dax! I can't believe it's been 2 years already - wow how fast time flies! Congrats on expecting baby number 2 - it's fun to see how things just keep on changing. So fun!
Post a Comment